Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- Management of significant Engineering projects through PMO.
- Provide Technical leadership from an engineering perspective.
- Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering perspective.
- Technical and operational support to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
- Ownership of the FPY and MRB process.
- Structured problem solving.
- Continuously improve the performance of the process.
- Optimisation of current floor space.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
- Train and mentor Operators and Engineers.
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of suppliers, and raw material
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units.
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Providing development and guidance for assigned Co-op /Technician Engineers.
- Provide leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and or Technicians as required.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Has minimum of 4 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of providing technical leadership and, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and Operators as required.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable strong analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval