Our client, a leading medical device company is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer for a contracting role in Limerick. This role will be working to provide engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment.
- This role is responsible for the deployment of technical solutions and development of site capability to coordinate and leverage talent and best practices in engineering & technology. The engineer will be responsible for and involved in the design, installation and improvement of the lens production processes and equipment.
- Edits and publishes troubleshooting documentation and training materials for materials, and equipment.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and brings innovative solutions to equipment.
Works closely with other engineering disciplines in the development and application of troubleshooting methods to equipment and processes.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc.).
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase and changes of all new and existing equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering goals & objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
Education and Experience Required
- Degree or equivalent qualification in production, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be able to demonstrate good project management and communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience in the use of 'black belt' statistical techniques would be a distinct advantage, as would familiarity with equipment validation in an FDA environment
- 4 years’ experience in a relevant engineering role
- The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields is an essential requirement
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.