Our client, a leading medical device company is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer for a contracting role in Limerick. This role will be working to provide engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment.
- This role is responsible for the deployment of technical solutions and development of site capability to coordinate and leverage talent and best practices in engineering & technology. The engineer will be responsible for and involved in the design, installation and improvement of the lens production processes and equipment.
- Edits and publishes troubleshooting documentation and training materials for materials, and equipment.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving and brings innovative solutions to equipment.
Works closely with other engineering disciplines in the development and application of troubleshooting methods to equipment and processes.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc.).
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase and changes of all new and existing equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering goals & objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
Education and Experience Required
- Degree or equivalent qualification in production, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Be able to demonstrate good project management and communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience in the use of 'black belt' statistical techniques would be a distinct advantage, as would familiarity with equipment validation in an FDA environment
- 4 years’ experience in a relevant engineering role
- The ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills to maximise productivity and yields is an essential requirement
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.