Our client a leader in medical devices is recruiting for a ME for their Cork site. The primary focus of this new role will be to work closely with the current Engineering Manager and Senior Manufacturing Engineer to lead a team of technicians and engineers in the delivery of the Safety, Quality, Service and Cost metrics across both high volume manufacturing lines and other expanding product families. The successful candidate will provide technical engineering support to the team with a proven ability to coach, lead and enhance the productivity of the entire group.
- Provide daily professional and technical leadership to process technicians and manufacturing engineers on product and process issues
- Develop strong relationships within the production teams and detailed process knowledge to enhance the associated value stream production processes
- Identify and prioritize the critical activities required for each area to deliver safety, quality, service & cost improvements to meet key business objectives
- Apply statistical analysis and problem solving methods to eliminate yield and efficiency issues, and communicate details to key stakeholders on same
- Support the delivery of committed projects under the team’s Value Improvement Program (VIP) through governance of the project management roadmap
- Provide advanced and innovative improvement ideas, delivered through individual contribution as well as structured benchmarking and training of the engineering team
- Collaborate effectively cross-functionally, mainly with production and quality peers in the value stream, but also external to the site.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process and the New Products Excellence meetings with respect to acquisitions and process development activities
- Engage fully with the performance management system on site, and utilize the development program to build a skill base appropriate to the needs of the business
- Ensure all reports and peers are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and understand and comply with all regulations governing their work
Education, Experience and Skills
- Requires a level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering / Science degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and meet targets/goals efficiently.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of engineering essentials.
- Experience in Automation would be an advantage for this role.
For further information on this Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.