The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the development of existing/new technologies and the introduction of new process technologies/equipment to volume manufacturing, while also providing engineering support, and supporting continuous improvement efforts to drive improvements to efficiency, OEE and Yields on the lines as they become established.
- Complete process development activities on existing and new equipment / technologies to establish a robust manufacturing process.
- Deliver, document, install, test, debug, sustain and improve new equipment / technologies.
- Conduct Validation and process transfers for equipment, from conception through to Implementation. Creation and maintenance of up-to-date area SOPs.
- Ensure complete and effective validations (URS, FDS, ESpec, IQ, EOQ, OQ/PQ) are carried out on all equipment and processes prior to transfer to Production.
- Work with the Facilities Dept. and external vendors on identifying, planning and putting in place the required utilities for the new equipment / technologies.
- Work with Quality team to assess Customer Agreements, conduct Revalidation Assessments and implement process changes in compliance with the quality management system.
- Engage with all stakeholders (Customer, Production, Engineering, Quality and Quality Systems) to introduce new equipment / technologies.
- Manage a variable workload and multiple projects to deliver to customer expectations and drive future revenue.
- Work closely with SME’s in the business to implement process improvements in order to enhance existing manufacturing capability.
- Apply structured problem solving, lean principals, and best practice process development to drive product and process improvements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Manage external relationships with Technology providers / suppliers.
- Technical support for operations equipment with responsibility for equipment uptime, process yield and Health and Safety in the area.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Level 8 Engineering degree or equivalent qualification with preferably a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills, with ability to make and implement decisions
- Motivated to work on own initiative with results-oriented attitude. Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach using six sigma and/or lean engineering principles.
- Validation experience with operating knowledge of Minitab software.
- Knowledge of CNC controlled equipment and machine code/programming whilst not essential would be an advantage along with strong equipment fault-finding, PLC troubleshooting capability.
- Experience and knowledge of Induction Heating, UV Curing and Epoxy Bonding systems whilst not essential would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD experience whilst not essential would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Medical Devices or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Liam Irwin on 0874108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.