The success candidate will be responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support for a class 3 medical device within high level automated production lines. Engineering support would include working in cross-functional team to maintain production output and the ability to lead projects targeting yield improvement, equipment reliability and capacity expansion.
- Support cleanroom automated assembly lines as the manufacturing engineer providing line support for technical issues.
- To understand, learn and develop in-depth knowledge for a range of equipment and to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific assigned processes and equipment.
- Responsible for managing the overall equipment performance through the appropriate use of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Implement/improve equipment maintenance procedures for critical equipment and responsibility for sustaining line maintenance routines
- To develop and improve current standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Prepare detailed technical reports on process and quality issues.
- Work effectively within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical tasks.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- Candidates should have a technical Engineering qualification at or equivalent to Level 8 degree in the National Framework of Qualifications in an approved Engineering discipline (which would include - but not exclusively - Automation Eng, Mechanical Eng, Mechatronic Eng, Manufacturing Eng, Electronic Eng, Electrical Eng, Electronic Systems, etc).
- 2/5 years? experience in a similar automated production and support role in Hi-Volume manufacturing.
- Experience with vision systems, PLCs servo motors and general automation.
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting electromechanical equipment problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with a high level of commitment to the delivery of projects against agreed deadlines and targets.
- A very practical, constructive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Manufacturing or other highly regulated industry.
- Understands the requirements of process monitoring and control of validated processes.
- 6-sigma green belt and/or experience of lean practice implementation
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Deborah Counihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval