Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Telephone: 086 8168298
Manufacturing Engineer - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- The primary purpose of this position is to support manufacturing through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and support day to day operations to achieve targets.
- Supports assigned manufacturing operations (i.e., turning, miling, drilling, EDM, finishing etc., in the areas of process development, tool design, cvc programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, layout and operations & other duties associated with engineering.
- The Position will provide leadership on continuous improvement and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved.
- Works independently in a manufacturing environment in support of Quality Mission and in compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work instructions. Interfaces regularly with Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing Supervisors, QA Inspectors and Product Development Engineers.
- Acts as a liaison to vendors in regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures and there their manufacture. May ask as a technical reference or complete special projects in individual areas of expertise (i.e programming, tooling, packaging, finishing etc.
- May participate on a team in order to accomplish new product implementation, process design, process improvement or any other technical manufacturing issues.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through New technology/equipment introductions.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the department’s continuous improvement program.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with
- 2+ year’s relevant experience.
- Experience in 5axis CNC machining including Siemens Unigraphics NX CAM programming.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions
- Additional experience in project management utilizing organizational skills would be a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills – to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making – required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility – must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer - Contract role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval