Telephone: 086 8395531
Manufacturing Engineer - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
The Manufacturing Engineer will lead product and process development for new product introductions. Collaborating with global R&D functions, the position will be responsible for ensuring optimum design for manufacturability in the development of new products. The role involves leading cross functional teams to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the flawless execution of new product development projects. Implementation of leading edge technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in product and process development is expected. The role involves collaboration with multiple disciplines within the organisation.
- Lead cross functional teams to execute new product development projects.
- Responsible for running all aspects of major manufacturing engineering projects.
- Represent the Operations team on product development projects, communicating requirements and proposing solutions.
- Implement design for manufacturability in new product designs to minimise lifecycle cost
- Manufacturing technical expert to global design groups
- Full project management responsibility for NPI projects
- Conduct detailed product design reviews
- Design, develop and source tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for high precision manufacturing processes. Co-ordinate with internal and external partners.
- Deliver stable manufacturing solutions in line with stability metrics process.
- Development of advanced manufacturing processes to lean guidelines
- Manage risk management and validation lifecycle for new process or process changes.
- Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Full budget responsibility for project capital and expense spend
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Influence innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on failure model and overall risk
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline is required. A Masters or PhD is an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a general mechanical engineering role is required. Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
- Experience using proven problem solving techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Proven experience in Root Cause analysis techniques and problem solving (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
- Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval