Job ID: JOB-11813
Our Client a leading pharmaceutical are looking to attract a Manufacturing Engineer on a contract basis for the Cork base. This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Projects Engineering group.
- Adhere to all on site Health and Safety requirement. Embedding culture of safety in day to day activities.
- Ensure all vendors and visitors adhere to all safety requirements and training while on site.
- Maintain product and process Quality elements daily. Embed Quality policy and culture into day to day activities.
- Support day to day manufacturing operation activities to allow site to meet its targets as required.
- Develop and execute key documentation e.g. URS, FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ, TMV Protocols
- Set up Preventive Maintenance and Calibration routines.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Develop, maintain, and adhere to project schedules for effective project implementation
- Identify and support technical improvements under the department’s continuous improvement program.
- Directly deal with External Vendors for the development, purchasing and support key project activities.
- Ensure all Vendors are correctly permitted prior to and while on site.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
- Adhere to capital and budget spends
- Actively work to reduce cost on day to day activities, including vendor cots and implementation of process improvements
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good teamwork in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Projects Engineering team.
Education and Experience Requirements: Essential:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required. Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, CAD and other databases
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation).
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodology; preferable with experience of implement process improvement using Six sigma methodology
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Problem Solving skills – to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making – required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility – must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality – discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
- Must be willing to support global projects including some travel
For further information on this contract role please contact James Corcoran on 0860462367 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…