Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
The Manufacturing Engineer will maximize the performance (quality; output volume & cost) of manufacturing processes by providing high impact technical/operational support, and by developing processes to the highest possible standards. They will co-ordinate and complete complex projects supporting the implementation of LEAN Manufacturing successfully against challenging timelines.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Implement appropriate process controls on to manufacturing processes for robust and repeatable commercial product manufacturing.
- Maximise manufacturing process performance through effective implementation of LEAN SIGMA methodology.
- Apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- Lead the conversion of manufacturing process from batch manufacturing to single piece continuous flow manufacturing.
- Support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process / Manufacturing / R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- Provide adequate technical support to new product introductions and change controls are effectively managed.
- Ensure that non-conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- Successfully complete validations and process improvements using statistical tools and six sigma techniques.
- Support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
- Catheter manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within the Medical Device/Healthcare.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt will have a significant advantage.
- Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience essential.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval