Job ID: JOB-12065
A permanent full-time vacancy has arisen for the role of Manufacturing Engineer reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager This position will be based in Galway.
- Eliminate dangerous occurrences in manufacturing and achieve world class premier performances in safety.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the competitiveness of the transport business.
- Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives using lean methodologies that will sustain, promote and advance the competitive edge of our processes/ products in a global market.
- Provide engineering leadership/ support for the manufacture of Trailer & Truck products to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate and accelerate the implementation of new engineering changes – both product and process – into the plant and implement technology advances into the manufacturing processes for existing products, including identifying Automation potential within the value streams.
- Interface / engage with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products.
- Be proficient in Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E, Process simulation Line balancing and project management.
- Be proficient in problem solving using the 9 Step Problem Solving A3 technique to resolve daily Tasks and Quality issues.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control.
- Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available resources in the process.
- Release the hidden talent of manufacturing employees through engagement and the delegation of ownership
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- At a minimum, an honors degree in engineering is required
- 5 years’ experience working in an Engineering environment.
- Accomplished project leader/ manager. Skill set in business case development and selling same.
- Change Implementer – Can-Do attitude. Executes strategic change. Lean mindset. Identifies and eliminates waste / muda.
- Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions. Builds best in class processes.
- Relationship builder – Builds relationships within & outside own workgroup. Engages Stakeholders. Establishes Trust and cross functional engagement.
- Builds project portfolios – Executes projects in series and at speed. Builds strong effective teams for project execution. Ensures efficient and effective execution.
- Self-motivated – Self driven, Takes total ownership
- Communication – builds cross functional awareness, clearly communicates project team expectations.
- Good influencing / negotiation / conflict resolution skills
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12164 Quality Control Supervisor Duration: 12 Months We are now recruiting a Quality Control Supervisor to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12161 Network Architect My client a healthcare delivery enterprise are looking for a Network Architect to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12163 Process Technician – Injection Moulding Key Responsibilities: Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting,…