Job ID: JOB-11305
Commutable from Limerick, Clare, Galway
Position Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing Engineer will be expected to provide hands on Engineering support for production activities in our Galway facility. The Manufacturing Engineer will interact with the Operations, Quality, and Product Engineering departments and provides support for Engineering and Quality Systems.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems.
- Design and develop tools and equipment, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials, and soliciting helpful observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Machine, Tooling and Process Validation (IQOQPQ).
- Plans, leads, and manages execution of project activities within a cross functional team.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepares documentation for new and existing processes. Develop Manufacturing Work Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA’s and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Applies Lean manufacturing techniques to continuously improve cycle times and process flows. Identifies, and supports the execution of improvement efforts or reduce waste in all manufacturing and business processes.
- Act as the point of escalation for all production support related issues.
- Uses structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Demonstrates technical ability through the application of engineering skills, approaches and knowledge.
- Follows Quality policy requirements, procedures, and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Communicates ideas, information, and recommendations clearly, effectively and frequently (oral and written).
- Performs all duties and directs others, creating a safe working environment for our employees and our communities.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- B.Eng. degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field of engineering.
- Experience in analyzing process capabilities and developing and implementing product development plans and process improvement plans.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- 3+ years related experience in an engineering role.
- Machining, Welding, and Automation experience in a high volume assembly background is an advantage.
In addition, the individual should also have:
- Good project management skills in successfully executing engineering objectives and projects.
- Proven experience building relationships across diverse engineering/manufacturing groups, site management and senior leadership team.
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of ISO 9001/ IATF 16949 standards an advantage.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Creo Parametric 3D modelling or similar 3D modelling software.
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD also desirable.
- Must be self-driven / motivated.
- Ability to develop strong relationships.
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11549 Design Engineer My manufacturing client in South County Galway are recruiting for a Design Engineer to join…
Job ID: JOB-11548 Senior NPD Manufacturing & Process Development Engineer – 9 Month Contract Job Overview The Senior Manufacturing &…
Job ID: JOB-11547 Product Development Technician 12 month contract Job Purpose As part of the team, you will carry out…