Commutable from Limerick, Clare, Mayo
- Report to: Engineering Manager
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Work on Continuous Improvement Projects and meet KPI’s.
- Ensure Processes are running at optimum levels for quality & output
- Expert in mould tooling, die tooling, stamping, machining & assembly techniques
- They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production.
- The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location.
- They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Health & Safety: Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled for the manufacturing process
- Quality: Drive Engineering solutions to ensure Right First-Time principles, driving yield improvements, Complaint reductions and supporting the CAPA process
- Continuous Improvement: Own the manufacturing process, work with key business stakeholders and operations teams to assess process capabilities, prioritize process improvement opportunities implementing them using Lean and six-sigma tools
- Service: Drives a culture of Exceptional Customer Experience (ECE) for both the Internal and External customers, by ensuring that projects and commitments and continually being met or exceeded
- New Product Introduction: Supports New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPD Group
- Responsible for managing the overall equipment performance (OEE) through the appropriate use of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques (TPM etc)
- Ensure equipment preventative maintenance procedures are effective and ensure compliance to preventative maintenance program
- Introduction of new equipment; equipment installation validation, process development and validation
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized and support Business Unit CAPAs, NCs, FMEAs and audit prep activities
- Develop and manage SOPs/manufacturing standards/operations standard work as required in compliance with change control process
- CAPEX management for new and replacement equipment, including investigating in state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluating potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within Creganna Medical
- Manage external relationships with key technology providers
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements
What your background should look like:
- Engineering level 8 degree, or equivalent qualification
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Medical Device experience would be an advantage
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and statistics
- Demonstrate operating knowledge of Minitab software, would be an advantage
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD skills would be an advantage
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Compliance Specialist My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Sligo is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Specialist on…
Title MDR/Vigilance Specialist Duration: 12 months Location: Work from home / Ballybrit Galway Start Date: ASAP…
Title IT Business/Systems Analyst Summary Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an…