Job ID: JOB-11545
The successful candidate will maximize the performance (quality, output volume, & cost ) of manufacturing processes within GMIL, by providing high impact technical/operational support, and by developing processes to the highest possible standards.
They will co-ordinate and complete Kaizen activities and development of technicians with a mindset of improvement.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support to manufacturing, and the development of existing and new process technologies
Role & Responsibilities:
- To implement appropriate process controls on to GMIL manufacturing processes for robust and repeatable commercial product manufacturing.
- Responsible for driving yield, availability and throughput improvement in CER.
- To maximise manufacturing process performance through effective implementation of Lean Sigma methodology.
- To apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness.
- To ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- To support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process/Manufacturing/R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- To provide technical support to new product/technology introductions.
- To support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
- To ensure that non conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- To execute Validation activities as required in conjunction with the validation dept.
- To provide direction and guidance to technician team for assigned CER.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Access, Excel
- Catheter assembly experience a definite advantage.
- Excellent Communication (both verbal and written) & interpersonal skills.
- Experience with team work and proven ability working with other functional roles.
- Excellent understanding of problem solving methodologies is required.
- Flexible, highly motivated individual, positive ‘can – do’ attitude and a proven track record in team leadership.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of lean manufactuing principles and statistics
- Some level of people management experience is desirable.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Level 8 Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within Medical Device/Healthcare or similar type industry.
- Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience essential.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt qualification is highly desirable and will have a significant advantage
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11624 Senior Network Operations Engineer Our client, a telecoms company is currently looking to recruit a Senior Network…
Job ID: JOB-11632 Automation & Controls Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company located in Ballina are looking to…
Job ID: JOB-11631 Senior Financial Accountant Our client a large pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to…