Manufacturing Engineer – Device Manufacturing
- Commutable from Limerick, Clare and Mayo.
- Manage a variable workload to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as yield, throughput, and productivity.
- Support Manufacturing as the Manufacturing Engineer providing line support for technical issues.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Improve Manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Responsible for managing the Overall Equipment Performance (OEE) through the appropriate use of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Investigate new process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction.
- Prepare product and process reports/presentations by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Implement equipment maintenance procedures for critical equipment.
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements.
- Work as part of Production Support team to drive product and process improvements/developments.
- Update Manufacturing procedures, specs as required through ECO process.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
What your background should look like:
- Engineering level 8 degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Catheter assembly experience a definite advantage including braided shaft assembly and reflow, tip bonding and handle assembly.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and maintenance experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and statistics.
- Demonstrate operating knowledge of Minitab software, would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD skills would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results-oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.