Manufacturing Engineer II
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site on a 12 month contract.
- To identify and order the key activities utilized in quality, service & cost improvements in the Operations Engineering Cycle to meet key business objectives.
- To apply a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering to achieve the key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Line performance monitoring and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Leading technical improvement under the team's Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process with respect to new products.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for the Process Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers I?s on the team.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Responsible for other projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and handover as appropriate. Observance of the site Equipment and Automated Systems (E&AS) procedures for new equipment.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around same.
- Cross functional liaison with support functions in pursuit support for achieving the business targets.
- Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site.
- Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers.
- Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.) with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience and ideally 4/5 years' experience.
- Project Management skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Excellent communications ability
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances on the floor
- Experience/training in problem solving and process improvement methodologies. (Engineering Essentials TM)
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 /email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval