Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
- Can initiate own workload and ensures it is aligned to department and site goals.
- Leads complex projects with cross functional team.
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues / practises, consistently striving for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques and materials to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Can prioritise issues as they arise.
- Completes technically challenging tasks and identifies appropriate resources when applicable.
- Uses established problem solving techniques to address challenging problems in production.
- Can compile and report KPI metrics for management review.
- Can effectively communicate line issues and offer solutions.
- Generates ECOs, protocols and prototypes under minimum direction.
- May supervise the work of others.
- Ensures all products and processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Educational experience of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry with five years previous related experience, a Master's Degree with three years previous related experience, or a Ph.D. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for this position.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Knowledge of extrusion and chemical processing is an advantage.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
- Experience in packaging would be an advantage but not required
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval