Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support to manufacturing, and the development of existing and new process technologies.
- Manage a variable workload to meet/exceed key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as yield, throughput and productivity.
- Support manufacturing as the manufacturing engineer providing line support for technical issues.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Improves manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Responsible for managing the overall equipment performance (OEE) through the appropriate use of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Investigate new process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Prepares product and process reports / presentations by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Implement equipment maintenance procedures for critical equipment.
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements.
- Work as part of production support team to drive product and process improvements/developments.
- Update manufacturing procedures, specs as required through ECO process.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with a minimum of 3 yrs. experience in a similar role.
- Catheter assembly experience is a definite advantage including braided shaft assembly and reflow, tip bonding and handle assembly.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and maintenance experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of lean manufacturing principles and statistics.
- Demonstrate operating knowledge of Minitab software, would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD skill would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval