Manufacturing Engineer (Projects)
Our client a medical device company in Galway is seeking Manufacturing Engineer (Projects) for their site.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of a performing technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under broad supervision and guidelines. Strong problem solving and cost saving project experience. Previous experience with continuous improvement and delivering projects. Strong documentation awareness and research capability.
- Can initiate and prioritize own workload and the work load of others and ensures it is aligned to department and site goals.
- Integration of Vertebral Documentation to our Standards
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgement in making adaptations and modifications.
- Ensures all products and processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues, consistently striving for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques and materials to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Leads complex Problem solving and cost improvement projects with cross functional teams.
- Supervision of others works including giving guidance to Technicians and managing their workloads as required.
- Using AutoCAD, Solid Works or similar design packages, create technical specifications / drawings as required.
- Works on special projects, writes ECN's, executes validations and creates prototypes under broad direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Educational experience of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a medical device manufacturing environment in a similar role.
- Ability to apply and demonstrate analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
- Demonstrated validation experience is highly desirable.
For further information on this role Manufacturing Engineer Projects in Galway please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval