Telephone: 086 8395531
Manufacturing Engineer – Weekend Shift - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for their site on a weekend shift
At our Manufacturing Engineering Department, we focus on providing Stable, Flexible and Cost-effective Manufacturing processes that produce the highest quality products through innovative engineering services and solutions. Manufacturing Engineers are directly involved in maintaining and continuously improving the manufacturing processes to the highest standards.
- You will be the lead engineer for the manufacturing Engineering department on weekend shift.
- You will contribute to the support of the manufacturing lines for the Drug Eluting Stents (DES) manufacturing area.
- You will support, lead and develop the weekend shift engineering technicians on your team.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting equipment breakdowns and investigating defects from the manufacturing line.
- You will liaise with the Senior Manufacturing Engineer on dayshift to provide clear and accurate handover updates from the weekend shift.
- You will participate in strategic projects to support quality, service and cost objectives for AOP targets
- You will develop and maintain beneficial working relationships across a number of functions.
- We are looking for a qualified person to a minimum of level 8 BSc/BEng Degree in Engineering or related discipline, with a minimum of 4years of related experience.
- You will have experience of working in a changing environment within the medical devices sector, preferably with familiarity of FDA regulations.
- You will have strong technical engineering knowledge with problem solving experience using DMAIC methodology.
- You will have statistical skills (basic and minimal advanced statistics) together with knowledge of statistical software.
- Experience in the introduction of new technology on Manufacturing lines within the medical device industry is desirable.
- You will work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You will have excellent verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills, fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Experience in Stents or DES manufacturing is an advantage.
- The successful candidate will be a strong team player, with the ability to work on their own initiative to a high standard when required.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval