Telephone: 086 8395531
Manufacturing Engineering - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineering for their site on a contract basis.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead and/or support the Packaging VT Global Engineering team projects in the areas of safety/quality compliance, capacity increases, cost savings and continuous improvements, as necessary to support the overall business and sites globally to achieve business targets.
The position is part of a team within the OTD Packaging VT team that contributes to the delivering the global packaging VT roadmap for sites. This position will provide project leadership on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Manufacturing sites and cross-functional teams to engage all goals and targets of the sites are achieved.
- Support development and implementation of the pipeline of packaging focused projects globally to dramatically improve packaging performance in the areas of Quality, Service, Growth & Cost for new and existing products.
- Drive process improvements in packaging leveraging best practices across sites through new technology introductions and process improvements.
- Lead global validation standardization for packaging and support sites through manufacturing process equipment specification, installation, commissioning and validation.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure assigned projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Packaging VT Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Competent in validation requirements for new equipment, process introductions and process changes.
- Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Ensure production equipment meets all relevant national Health, Safety and Environment requirements through completion of required assessments and documentation.
- Work with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills – to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making – required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Senior: Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 3+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.
- Experience in validation and statistical process development techniques.
- Project management qualification/certification.
For further information on this ME role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval