Telephone: 086 0449473
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineering Technician for their site.
Objectives of Position:
- The Manufacturing Engineering Technician ensures the smooth running of all products in a high volume production environment.
- The main objectives of the role are to debug/troubleshoot process/machine problems and to perform Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) according to procedures and within ‘good work’ practices.
- To maintain automation equipment of a Class III Medical Device in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
- Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations, while adhering to change management and cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Cross Train technicians as required.
- Flexible to travel to support new equipment buy-offs / training.
- Any adhoc duties as required.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations.
- Measurements will be assessed against an agreed set of MBO’s (Management Objectives) as detailed in the annual performance appraisal process.
- Minimum Level 6 qualification in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical / Automation Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar.
- Qualified trades personnel with industrial experience will also be considered.
- Experience in high volume automation / robotics.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Availability to work shift patterns.
- Experience in a healthcare medical device manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining.
- Understanding of Process Capability.
- Understanding of MSA (Measurement System Analysis) & GR&R (Gauge Repeat & Reduction)
- Experience in FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), SAT (Site Acceptance Test), IOPQ (Installation, Operation, Performance Qualification) automated assembly lines.
- Experience in leading process improvement projects in medical device environment.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineering Technician role in Cork please contact Anne Gough on 086 0449473 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval