Role Type: Permanent – 12 hour day/night shifts!
Remuneration: A competitive salary + shift premiums apply. There is also healthcare and pension.
Our client is FDA registered and certified to ISO 13485:2003 for the manufacture of high-quality PCBAs, subassemblies and complete devices up to and including Class III medical devices. The core specialization is manufacturing automation. They provide services for the entire product lifecycle from New Product Introduction (NPI), prototyping and process validation to complex volume manufacturing & test, shipping and repair. They create a state-of-the-art environment for manufacturing medical and other high-quality devices. The facility has a track record of 25 years of outstanding operational performance and customer service, backed by a highly experienced workforce.
They hire people with a range of skills, experience, and backgrounds to fulfill roles in careers such as engineering, quality and manufacturing to name just a few.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, the Manufacturing Engineering Technician ensures the smooth running of all products in a high volume production environment. The main objectives of the role are to debug/troubleshoot process/machine problems and to perform Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) according to procedures and within ‘good work’ practices.
- To maintain automation equipment of a Class III Medical Device in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
- Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations, while adhering to change management and cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements.
- Assist with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Cross Train technicians as required.
- Flexible to travel to support new equipment buy-offs/training.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Mechanical Fitter/Electrician/Mechanical Technician or similar mechanical or electrical related trades experience
- Level 6 qualification in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical/Automation Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or qualified trade personnel
- Industrial/manufacturing environment experience
- Experience in high volume automation/robotics.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Availability to work shift patterns.
- Experience in a healthcare medical device manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining.
- Understanding of Process Capability.
- Understanding of MSA (Measurement System Analysis) & GR&R (Gauge Repeat & Reduction)
- Experience in FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), SAT (Site Acceptance Test), IOPQ (Installation, Operation, Performance Qualification) automated assembly lines.
- Experience in leading process improvement projects in medical device environment.