Telephone: 091 730022
Manufacturing Maintenance Electrician
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician for their site on a contract basis
- Reporting to the Maintenance superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment in manufacturing and plant areas in compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements. A significant feature of this role is to minimize equipment downtime thus optimizing overall plant performance
- Provide high level technical support in a high volume environment and work with and advise suppliers and engineers on product design to facilitate greater production efficiencies.
- Troubleshooting equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Drive ongoing and preventative maintenance programmes.
- Maintain accurate data for analysis on equipment.
- Support Engineering and Production personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects that use lean and six sigma tools to improve overall business efficiency.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of innovation through identifying innovative solutions to process problems and actively encouraging team members to share new ideas.
- Must Possess a Fas Electrical Time-served Apprenticeship with Junior and Senior Trade
- 4+ years' experience preferably in medical devices and/or pharmaceutical industries
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the application of multi-skilling in previous employment.
- The role involves working in a cross-functional team therefore strong communication skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem solving skills are prerequisites for this role.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools would be an advantage.
- Good PLC Programming skills and Networking experience are required.
- Familiarity with Siemens/Allen Bradley PLC Programming Preferable.
- Ability to Troubleshoot using Software based tools and Diagnostic equipment Essential.
- Basic pneumatic and Hydraulic system understanding an advantage.
- Vision Systems and Robotics experience desirable but not Essential.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval