Our client a global leading medical device manufacturer is recruiting for a leader role for their Galway site, a Manufacturing Manager. The focus of this role is on ensuring all manufacturing goals in terms of quality, safety, service and cost are achieved. The Manufacturing Manager has overall responsibility for the Manufacturing function.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labour.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
- Prepare and review department budgets and lead cost and efficiency improvement efforts with production as well as across the site as appropriate.
- Maintain a high-level accountability to self and department to achieve on time, on budget, and high-quality work.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and market changes.
- Partner with other plant leaders and collaborate to define and implement best practice initiatives.
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture by working within the company’s environmental, health and safety guidelines at all times and reporting any equipment or process problems in line with plant escalation procedures.
- 3rd level Qualification in Business, Engineering or a related field with emphasis in management. Master’s degree preferred.
- Six Sigma/Lean tools certified
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, BPCS an advantage
- 10+ years of experience in Manufacturing or related field; preferably in a GMP medical manufacturing environment
- Management experience (either Production, Engineering, Quality, etc.)
- As a leader and Manager you will be expected to be a role model in exhibiting plant key behaviours and fostering the development of Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Accountability.
For further information on this Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.