Telephone: 086 7738651
Manufacturing Operations Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Clare are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Operations Manager for their site.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the operations function, in accordance with defined company policies and procedures. This will include overseeing Production, Quality, Engineering and Facilities
Main Role & Responsibilities
- Day-to-day effective management of production operations, ensuring products are produced in a timely cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring that sufficient capacity is available and validated to meet growing customer volumes.
- Promotion & application of lean business processes and systems to assure efficiency from customer order to product delivery, inclusive the use of visual management boards.
- Identifying and introducing new technologies, processes and systems.
- Provision of leadership and direction to teams on problem solving, improvement projects, and facilitating interaction and support from other company departments to achieve desired goals.
- Driving and delivering on set KPI targets with key focus on continuous improvement to help streamline processes.
- Reporting on Business Unit performance to management on a minimum of a monthly basis on the key areas of responsibility.
- Contribute cross-functionally and strategically as a key member of the Management team.
- Develop objectives for the production function to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Resource and lead a team responsible for the manufacture and shipment of product within the company
- Seek out manufacturing best practise with an emphasis on continuous improvement to drive an efficient operation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality system, policies & procedures and manage internal and external audits.
- Establish, enable and empower a team capable of delivering to a world class manufacturing standard.
- Achieve 100% on time delivery for all customers.
- Provide the highest level of customer service by establishing strong relationships with customers to successfully promote the company’s technologies and capabilities.
- Deal with customer complaints in an efficient and professional manner and establish a QA scorecard requirement.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures throughout. Encourage timely investigation of issues and help instil a culture of shared responsibility to ensure safety of all to achieve zero % health and safety incidents.
- Establish the site as a benchmark for manufacturing within an agreed budget.
- Maintain site facilities and all equipment and tooling.
- Deliver ISO 13485 quality standards.
- Drive change required to enable a Med Tech manufacturing platform.
- Establish Class 8 cleanroom footprint to launch Med Tech platform.
- Generate training and development plans for your team, carry out performance appraisals and deal with performance related issues with the support of Company HR function.
- Recruitment of staff within the guidelines of company policy.
- Mentor and coach the team to facilitate achievement of functional goals and objectives.
- Planning and budgeting within company policy and guidelines.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Higher level Diploma/Degree in an engineering/science related discipline.
- 5+ Years in an operations/ senior production role in a similar environment.
- Technical knowledge of relevant manufacturing technology.
- Moulding experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong commercial acumen is a must.
- Individual must be challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, inventory management, standard cost and expense control and quality/GMP compliance.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, aggressively results-oriented environment.
- Strong leadership skills, persuasive but firm and decisive when necessary, and can demonstrate success in managing change, developing the team, and confronting performance issues (such experience in a unionized environment an advantage but not essential).
- Competent in preparing business strategies and implementing action plans.
For further information on this Manufacturing Operations Manager role in Clare please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval