Telephone: 086 8395531
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Process Engineer for their site.
Summary of Job:
The Process Engineer will be required to:
- Lead 3D Printing Engineering activities while ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
- Deliver results by preparation and project management of activities
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Bringing 3D Printing and Netshape Technologies to production readiness
- Lead technology selection and process design for product manufacture.
- Manage Partner Development, technology Readiness Assessments, PFMEA/risk assessment studies and process development/validation activities.
- Deliver stable, lean manufacturing solutions.
- Budget control
- Bachelor's degree in Materials/Mechanical/ Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline with 5 years' experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent regulated environment
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Previous experience in Titanium 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area
- Chartered Engineer
- Value Engineering practitioner
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX).
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval