Our client, a manufacturing company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing/Automation Engineer for their site.
Objectives of Position:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for driving improvements within complex fully automated production lines for a class 3 medical device. The role will require the engineer to lead projects targeting yield improvement, equipment utilization and reliability as well as providing technical leadership to a cross-functional team to maintain production output and quality requirements.
- Participate and act as automation expert (SME) in cross functional teams in support of high volume production lines.
- Identify opportunities and lead projects to improve overall equipment performance.
- Work effectively with equipment suppliers and customer regulatory requirements to expedite completion of critical tasks and project goals.
- Develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
- Prepare detailed technical reports on process or quality issues.
- Implement/improve equipment maintenance procedures for critical equipment and responsibility for sustaining line maintenance routines.
- To understand, learn and develop in-depth knowledge for a range of complex assembly processes and equipment.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- Candidates should have a technical Engineering qualification at or equivalent to Level 8 degree in the National Framework of Qualifications in an approved Engineering discipline (which would include - but not exclusively - Automation Eng., Mechanical Eng., Mechatronic Eng., Manufacturing Eng., Electronic Eng., Electrical Eng., Electronic Systems, etc.).
- 2/5 years' experience in a similar automated production and support role in Hi-Volume manufacturing.
- Experience with vision systems, PLCs servo motors and general automation. Specific experience with Cognex cameras and Allen Bradley PLCs would be desirable.
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting electromechanical equipment problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with a high level of commitment to the delivery of projects against agreed deadlines and targets.
- A very practical, constructive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Manufacturing or other highly regulated industry.
- Understands the requirements of process monitoring and control of validated processes.
- 6-sigma green belt and/or experience of lean practice implementation
For further information on this Manufacturing/Automation Engineer role in Cork please contact Anne Gough on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval