Telephone: 087 4108620
Manufacturing / Process Development Engineer- Design Services
- Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing / Process Development Engineer- Design Services for their site.
- The Design Services Manufacturing / Process Development Engineer will be responsible for new product manufacturing and process line development on Design Services projects.
- The role will involve working closely with project teams and the manufacturing/operations support teams to ensure new products are successfully manufactured and ready for commercial volume manufacturing. This position requires a candidate with medical device manufacturing and process development experience
Working as part of the Design Services/Device Manufacturing groups, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Support product development projects from a Design for Manufacture perspective.
- Design/Source Equipment and Tooling required to meet both the Capability & Capacity requirements for the product.
- Support project deliverables by managing and developing pilot lines to complete the various builds required for each project milestone.
- Successful transfer of new products through the DS project process to volume manufacturing acting as manufacturing/process engineering and support complementing the design engineering staff on specific projects.
- Development Product, Process and Design for Manufacture skills within the new Design Services engineering team.
- Implement lean manufacturing initiatives such as cell layout design based on detailed takt time analysis, identify and eliminate sources of waste activity, implement Kanban Systems and 5S Principles, Identify and execute continuous improvement projects that improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs.
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized
- Define Training Requirements for Operators/Technicians in conjunction with Supervisors to facilitate Job Rotation within Cell
- Generation of Project Documentation – pFMEAs, Process Validation Protocols & Reports, Manufacturing Procedures, BOMS, Routers, etc
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- 2+yrs (5 years preferable) industry experience in controlled a manufacturing and/or process development environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Device development and manufacturing, preferably with knowledge of an existing manufacturing processes.
- Have proven experience of working in controlled environments and operating to high level GMP procedures.
- Knowledge of six sigma and lean manufacturing principles an advantage. Ideally will have experience in applying lean manufacturing and six sigma principles in a production environment
- Solid skills in tool design, jigs, fixturing, lean principles and practices and manufacturing flow. SolidWorks skill an advantage.
- Will have solid validation background including IQ/OQ/PQ/PPQ and will understand statistics/DOE and be efficient operating Minitab software.
- Proven track record of excellent time keeping & attendance is essential
For further information on this Manufacturing / Process Development Engineer- Design Services role in Galway Please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval