Telephone: 086 8395531
Manufacturing / Projects Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing /Projects Engineer for their site.
- Lead complex projects from initial concept to final validation
- Planning, budgeting and leading of continuous improvement and /or new product/process based projects
- Continually assess and review day to day manufacturing issues / practises, and strive for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing solutions that are in compliance with the company, FDA and regulatory requirements
- .Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements / best practise
- .Capable of working independently and leading project teams or working as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions
- .Capable of planning, organizing and providing direction to other team members including engineers, technicians and production personnel, as required.
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Generates ECO's (Engineering Change Orders), protocols, reports and prototypes under broad direction.
- Using AutoCAD, Solid Works or similar design package, create technical specifications as required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in an Engineering discipline e.g. Mechatronics, Mechanical, Biomedical or equivalent, with at least 3 years previous related experience in a Medical device or similar industry.
- Good working knowledge of processes' like Centreless Grinding; Point Coil Winding and other "Coiled Guide wire" assembly processes and materials would be an advantage.
- Experience dealing with, and managing Cross functional teams including Marketing, Production, Clinical and Regulatory personnel, to develop and implement solutions over a wide and varied scope.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project, Excel, Word etc. or similar.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Medical Device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
For further information on this Manufacturing /Projects Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline on 086 8395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.