Telephone: 086 8395531
Manufacturing /Projects Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing /Projects Engineer for their site.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in production support & managing and delivering complex projects. Overall responsibility for projects, including identifying process improvement projects, design / development / implementation of new equipment / automation cost saving projects. Generation of project plans, budgets, timelines, etc. as well as daily support to manufacturing and the Engineering Department. The candidate will be capable of being part of, or leading cross functional project teams and liaising with other key personnel including senior management so as to ensure the successful completion of improvement and / or new product projects.
- Lead complex projects from initial concept to final validation
- Planning, budgeting and leading of continuous improvement and /or new product/process based projects
- Continually assess and review day to day manufacturing issues / practises, and strive for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing solutions that are in compliance with Merit Medical, FDA and regulatory requirements
- .Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements / best practise
- .Capable of working independently and leading project teams or working as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions
- .Capable of planning, organizing and providing direction to other team members including engineers, technicians and production personnel, as required.
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Generates ECO's (Engineering Change Orders), protocols, reports and prototypes under broad direction.
- Using AutoCAD, Solid Works or similar design package, create technical specifications as required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in an Engineering discipline e.g. Mechatronics, Mechanical, Biomedical or equivalent, with at least 3 years previous related experience in a Medical device or similar industry.
- Good working knowledge of processes' like Centreless Grinding; Point Coil Winding and other "Coiled Guide wire" assembly processes and materials would be an advantage.
- Experience dealing with, and managing Cross functional teams including Marketing, Production, Clinical and Regulatory personnel, to develop and implement solutions over a wide and varied scope.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project, Excel, Word etc. or similar.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Medical Device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
For further information on this Manufacturing /Projects Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval