Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Supervisor for their site on a contract basis
At our Operations Department we focus on delivering the highest quality product to the customer on time. The Manufacturing Supervisor fills a pivotal role in the Operations department and is responsible for product quality, customer service, continuous cost reduction, people development and COS conversion.
- You will contribute to supporting Operations.
- You will be responsible for effectively communicate with direct team, leading daily, weekly & monthly meetings to manage progress and share information. You will ensure all production targets are consistently achieved. You will support continuous improvement activities by developing and demonstrating a sense of urgency; inspiring others to achieve set targets and complete tasks. You will provide leadership through motivating cross functional team to ensure effective delivery of departmental/site goals and objectives.
- You will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for direct reports by maintaining safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- You will have a clear understanding of Customer Focused Quality; creating a work environment that ensures the highest standard of quality performance. You will improve Business Performance in Quality Service & Cost through system and process development.
- You will encourage and facilitate a beneficial resolution of issues; effectively mediate conflict to promote a friendly climate, good morale, and team cohesiveness. You will continuously manage performance of team members through performance appraisal process, providing ongoing coaching, counselling and employee development.
- You will have accountability for key metrics such as Safety, Quality, Service and Cost and demonstrate a clear understanding and ownership of departmental budgets and spending control.
- You will participate in Continuous Improvement Projects using lean and six sigma tools to improve overall business efficiency. You will foster a culture of Innovation through working with teams to identify innovative solutions to process problems and actively encouraging team members to share new ideas and fresh approaches.
- You will encourage employee engagement through proactive participation in Employee Involvement, Engagement & Self Development initiatives.
- We are looking for a qualified person with an applicable Third level Degree and desirably a minimum of 1 years Supervisory or Operations Support function experience which operates in in a highly regulated environment along with 2-3 years industry experience.
- You will have excellent leadership skills; A proven track record in people management and a good working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma are desirable.
- You are IT proficient (knowledge of SAP an advantage). You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Manufacturing Supervisor role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval