Telephone: 086 8395531
Manufacturing Supervisor - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Supervisor for their site on a contract basis.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labour.
- Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Management and supervisory professionals with one or more employees who are focused on tactical, operational and some strategic activities within a specified area.
- Levels within the management career stream typically have six or more direct reports.
- The majority of time is spent overseeing their area of responsibility, managing performance, developing talent, engagement and inclusion, communicating business and operational developments, planning, prioritizing and / or directing the responsibilities of direct reports.
- Goal achievement is typically accomplished through performance of direct and / or indirect reports.
- A key responsibility of roles in this career stream is managing people. which includes: accountability for mentoring, developing and coaching staff on meeting/exceeding performance expectations and defined objectives, providing leadership to staff ensuring the prioritization of strategic and department level initiatives to include defining performance goals and targets, conducting performance reviews, and staff 1:1s to guide performance management and employee development efforts and manage toward departmental goals.
- Supervises team members providing tactical and / or technical supervision.
- Spends a portion of time performing individual tasks.
- Receives assignments in task oriented terms and delivers results according to established procedures. Organizational Impact: Plans operational objectives for a team of support personnel, typically within one department.
- Decisions impact team schedules or the allocation of time or material resources.
- Typically does not have budget or P&L accountability, but may manage daytoday elements of the budget (eg, overtime for staff).
- Innovation and Complexity: Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and daytoday department processes.
- Problems and issues faced are generally defined, and may require understanding of broader sets of issues.
- Communication and Influence: Communicates with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Shares and exchanges relevant information to reach solutions. Typically presenting information and exchanging information.
- Leadership and Talent Management: Supervises a team consisting of employees in the Support career stream only, such as production, technician, or clerical individual contributors A first level supervisor.
- Provides daytoday work direction for team, focused on maintaining steady workflow, resource allocation and productivity.
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Required Knowledge and Experience: Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires a University Degree and minimum of 1 year relevant experience.
For further information on this Manufacturing Supervisor role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval