Job ID: JOB-11935
Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
Our Client is recruiting for a Manufacturing Supervisor for their group here in Galway and will report to the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor must be motivated in delivering improvements, a desire for excellence and making a positive difference to be successful in such a role. You will have the ability to analyse data and complete root cause analysis as essential skills gained within the manufacturing environment.
You will lead a team and be responsible for managing and supporting all Engineering activity in areas of responsibility. As a key member of the Operations Support team, and as needs arise, the successful candidate will be expected to input to the development of supports and systems outside of Core Engineering responsibilities and assist in development and implementation of systems for areas as diverse as training, planning, staff supervision, and business processes.
- People: Coach / mentor and develop Engineers and Technicians using development plans and performance management. Identification and development of talent for succession planning.
- Health & Safety: Drive a Health & Safety culture, striving for zero accidents through focus on Health & Safety initiatives in line with the plant objectives.
- Quality: Drive Engineering solutions to ensure Right First-Time principles, driving yield improvements, complaint reductions and supporting the CAPA process.
- Continuous Improvement: Work with key business stakeholders and Operations teams to build a continuous improvement environment that supports ongoing change and improvement initiatives, using Lean and Six-Sigma tools.
- Service: Drive a culture of Exceptional Customer Experience (ECE) for both the internal and external customers, by ensuring that projects and commitments are continually being met or exceeded.
- New Product Introduction: Support New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPD group.
- Assess process capabilities, prioritize process improvement opportunities, and innovate and implement process improvements across manufacturing processes.
- CAPEX management for new and replacement equipment, including investigating in state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluating potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction.
- Lead and manage a high performing engineering team to deliver the defined business goals & objectives.
- Maintain high quality/compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within Creganna Medical.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Manage and assist in the creation and maintenance of up-to-date SOPs and documentation in area of responsibility and ensure deployment of all technical training within the Business Unit.
- Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 4+ yrs experience in a high-volume automated production environment.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production/technical problem-solving team.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Equipment knowledge and process experience for high-volume manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Six-Sigma and/or Lean Engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written along with an ability to communicate ideas, concepts and projects clearly and positively.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Ability to make and implement decisions.
- Well-developed understanding and with experience in performing Medical Device manufacturing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ).
For further information on this Manufactruing Supervisor role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 086 4667369 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…