Job ID: JOB-11781
Our client is recruiting for an Assistant Value Stream Lead to join their team in Mayo. This role will have a number of direct reports and will be play a key role within the organization, tasked with driving manufacturing excellence. This will be achieved by coaching, guiding and developing Manufacturing Team Leaders and Associates to drive improved results in the areas of Production, Safety, Quality, Service and Cost objectives compatible with the company’s mission and vision. This role is additionally responsible for administering policies and corrective actions, support new product commercialization and advocating team growth within a team based environment. This role is responsible for effective implementation of the company’s Production System and improvement of critical KPI’s by solving systemic problems for assigned cells.
- Provide leadership to the team(s) under the incumbent’s areas of responsibility to coach and enable Manufacturing Team Leaders, support Engineers and Associates to be successful in meeting or exceeding team goals in safety, quality, service & cost in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Conduct Associate reviews, provide constructive feedback for performance improvement and conflict resolution.
- Support, model, and promote the company’s cultural beliefs and plant culture. Interpret and apply company policies in a consistent manner.
- Ensure Associates create and follow constructive development plans and all training is completed/recorded.
- Promote an environment for the development of Associates into leadership roles both through Manufacturing Team Leaders and through direct coaching and support.
- Monitor metrics that impact the nominated area’s performance, and address short-falls in achieving goals and targets, as it relates to associate performance or other challenges
- Recognize and reward Associates for achievements through use of approved programs.
- Ensure that different shifts work in a coordinated and supportive manner with each other.
- Responsible for process confirmation of standards in assigned cells.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of systems to deliver targets for Safety, Quality, Service & Cost.
- Responsible to improve cell performance by addressing systemic issues impacting performance, identify improvement projects and prioritization opportunities to improve performance.
- Develop and monitor monthly plans vs actual for the cell, providing analysis of performance KPI’s and any quality issues to the Manufacturing Manager
- Meet with Quality/Projects/Supply chain teams and finding root causes of issues (3C, A3, CAPA);
- Member of MRB (Material Review Board) meeting.
- Provide a safe work environment. Monitor safety conditions within the team, including incident reports, near misses and conduct accident investigations with root cause analysis. Report out on same.
- Report out on OEE analyses, reports and improvement plans with Value Stream Engineers and Maintenance Team Lead.
- Assist in the improvement of Operational Equipment Efficiencies (OEE). Review and approve machine production rate goals based on equipment performance and continuous improvement.
- Monitor hourly/daily/weekly performance across all shifts (including efficiency/scrap reports); address issues as needed.
- Respond to and facilitate efforts to address quality issues, including corrective and preventative actions within their direct area of responsibility.
- Ensure delivery schedule meets customer priorities; analyze machine capacity and staffing needs to meet demands.
- Lead the implementation of the Production System and drive performance improvement
- Approval of training plans for new Associates (Team Leads and Operators)
- Work with Manufacturing Manager and Project Process Engineers in support of new machines, prepare new work places and layout for new machine
- Meet with Maintenance Team Lead and ensure that all periodical maintenance tasks are done on time and equipment is getting a good service level.
- Lead and/or support team projects, champion Kaizen events, and implement cost saving initiatives within their direct area of responsibility.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Planning functions to suport the successful integration of New Product Commercialization projects, and equipment launches; including staffing, skill needs, cost analysis, scrap rates on new equipment, bill of materials, packing methods and other project details – as needed
Experience, Education and Skill Requirements
- 5-8 years’ experience with 3 years in a people leadership position holding a higher education qualification (engineering, manufacturing or other field) or 5 years of working experience in a leadership position with a stated intention to pursue an appropriate higher education qualification
- Bachelor’s degree (University or College) in engineering, manufacturing or other field preferred
- Proven experience and demonstrated track record in operating in a lean environment and good knowledge of the job responsibilities
- Leadership experience in a team-based environment.
- Effective communication and listening skills (both oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build and maintain trust in a team environment.
- Critical Thinking and problem solving techniques (5-Y, etc.).
- Lean (5S, etc.) and Six Sigma knowledge & experience preferred.
- Familiarity with manufacturing ERP systems and shop floor data acquisition preferred.
- Proficient computer skills
For further information on this Assistant Value Stream Lead role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…