Manufacturing Team Leader
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Team Leader for their site.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
People (credo values & standards of leadership)
- Effectively manage/allocate manpower using resource scheduler, flexibility matrix, etc.
- Motivate and develop staff in line with the standards of leadership
- Assist in the selection of new employees as required to meet business needs
- Facilitate a team based approach
- Complete performance appraisals in a timely manner
- Effectively manage absence, latest & disciplinary matters in a fair and reasonable manner in line with company policies and credo values.
- Establish individual goals and objectives and measure actual performance.
- Develop a credo based culture, establishing credo teams to focus on specific indices
- Provide timely feedback to employees on performance
- Communicate with staff on a regular and consistent basis as defined.
- Keep management informed of er issues & concerns in a timely manner.
- Continuous improvement focus
- Prioritise production in line with customer service requirements
- Ensure backorders are fast-tracked through processes.
- Act as emergency response coordinator when required.
- Ensure all accidents & near misses are reported, investigated and ensure actions are closed.
- Ensure all HSEE policies and procedures are adhered to in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the company safety statement
- Ensure staff are trained in all relevant HSEE procedures.
- Actively promote HSEE within the department and ensure health & safety is a goal for all direct reports
- Work with be safe and safe workplace teams to ensure compliance.
- The team leaders are responsible for the implementation and control of the environmental, health and safety procedures at plant level including supervisory responsibility for production personnel
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the environmental and health and safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Achieve production targets - hours recovered, units manufactured, productivity, etc.
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in line with lean thinking and process excellence
- Ensure equipment is operated and maintained in an efficient manner
- Ensure all equipment condition checks are performed on time
- Promote a quality culture within team
- Work with QA to eliminate close calls and repeat close calls.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained within areas of charge
- Ensure CGMP's are maintained within area of charge.
- Tact & diplomacy
- Influencing skills
- Systems background
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible approach to work
- Communication skills
- Genuine interest in people
- Highly motivated
- Essential: supervisory management qualification,
- Desirable: engineering/business studies degree
- 4 years' experience in a supervisory management role within a similar environment.
- Working knowledge of world class manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of a regulated industry.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval