Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Technician for their site in Galway
- Liaising with production department engineers and other support personnel to identify and solve problems.
- Responsible for initiating the communication/escalation process for critical downtime events.
- Carry out planned maintenance routines.
- Working as part of a reliability team to identify and resolve systematic equipment issues.
- Participate in cross functional process improvement initiatives.
- Revising PM Schedules based on historical data, reliability program, and technical knowledge or TPM findings.
- To offer technical support to the TPM team in all areas.
- Maintain an internal Best Practice regime and encourage continuous improvements.
- Presents and implements solutions to process or product related issues.
- Installation and validation of process equipment and fixtures.
- Training relevant Production Operators in correct use of process equipment and in product specifications.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline, or relevant trade qualification.
- Must have previous tooling experience
- 5 years? experience in a related field.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- PC skills including standard offices packages.
- PLC programming experience is an advantage.
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Knowledge of various tooling and testing equipment.
- Experience of automation an advantage.
- Excellent Problem Solving with a proven track history. Proven Root Cause Analysis determination.
- Knowledge of Lean tools such as TPM, SMED and 5S. Training in Six Sigma or other related disciplines.
- Experience in PLC?s, Electrical schematics, pneumatics, and CE Marking.
- AutoCad or Solid Works would be an advantage.
- Be able to drive, implement, and perform Planned Maintenance programmes.
- Medical device experience would also be an advantage.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval