Our client, a medical device company in Galway, are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Technician for their site in Galway.
Performing various technical job functions necessary in new product or established manufacturing cells. Works with Engineers, CNC Programmers, Supervisors, and other professionals to address the technical issues in manufacturing cells. Ideally suited to a recent graduate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with technical personnel to addresses issues related to department machinery.
- Assists Engineers with determining and establishing optimal process sequences.
- Trains production operators as necessary to maintain material flow.
- Serves as technical expert within cell on relevant machinery.
- Works closely with programmer to verify program geometry including first article layouts (FAL's).
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery problems as authorized.
- Communicated issued limiting optimal cell performance to Supervisor.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing instrumentation (e.g. micrometers, calipers, comparators, etc.) and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and blue-print reading.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees including production employees, management, and technical professionals.
- Should be able interpret engineering drawings.
- Certificate/ Diploma in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a similar technical discipline.
- 3+ years experience
- Must be flexible and open to shift work.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project.
- Statistical Process Control skills, Computer Aided Design Systems, and Unigraphics 3-D modeling software experience desirable.
For further information on this Manufacturing Technician role please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval