- Strong automation background with excellent hands on experience with electrical and mechanical instrumentation. Experience in high volume automation / robotics an advantage.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, & workshop machining desirable.
- Yield Management - Ability to manage yield on an hour by hour basis and analyse trends and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Problem Solving – Formal problem solving is desirable. Strong mechanical problem solving skills essential. Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated paperwork and records.
- Experience in a Healthcare medical device manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Microsoft office proficient – Able to analyse data in Excel and draw logical conclusions.
- Communication skills. Ability to explain an issue and communicated the path forward toward resolution.
- Team work - Ability to work with Operators & as part of a Core Production team.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Assist ME’s in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements
- Interface with a variety of internal personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Requires a Leaving Certificate level education and NCEA Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering and / or Senior Trades.
- A good knowledge of electronics and software controlled systems.
- 3 + years experience in a modern manufacturing environment with previous experience in some of the following: electrics; pneumatics; PLC’s; instrumentation; hydraulics; calibration; etc.
- Proven experience in process improvements including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.