Manufacturing Technician II Galway
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Technician II - Injection Moulding, for their site for a permanent position on the night shift.
Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting Injection Moulding core polymer processes.
- Take a lead role in the troubleshooting, repair and rebuild of both Hot runner and Cold runner systems.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key Injection Moulding maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on Injection Moulding equipment.
- Execution of mould changeover's and equipment setup's as part of production runs.
- Assist MEs in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Interface with a variety of BSIL personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Min HETAC level 6 qualification in Engineering, Polymer Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of Injection Moulding equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of tooling design, tooling materials & qualifications.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
- PCT experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
For further information on this Manufacturing Technician II role in Galway or any other Technician roles available please contact Caroline Kingston on 091730022 / email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you!
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval