- Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Work on Electronic troubleshooting, P.L.C. programming, electronic hardware interfacing.
- Champion safety practices and improvements in the area.
- Take a lead role in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Take a lead role in design methods, part sourcing and documentation.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of BSIL personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Assists in implementing technical improvements under the teams C.I. program.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Owns the key performance metrics for the ME function.
Qualifications and Experience
- NFQ Level 6 Degree in a relevant area with a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Electrical Safety Level 3 desired. Electrical safety level 2+ minimum.
- Sterilization experience desired.
- Flexibility on 12-hour shift pattern required.
- Strong electro mechanical experience required.
- Ability to coach multiple core teams.
- Develops a project hopper for PSPI and PDCA.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
For further information on this Manufacturing Technician role in Galway please contact Tommy Mckeown on 086 0100 903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.