Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Technician II Extrusions for their site.
Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting Extrusion and Sheathing processes.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key equipment maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on production equipment.
- Technical support of changeover’s and equipment setup’s as part of production runs.
- Sustain processes within pre-defined specification limits and lead structured problem solving / root cause investigations into all out of control events.
- Assist ME’s in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Requires Certificate / Diploma (HETAC 6/7), ideally in Polymer Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Technical expertise in extrusion and sheathing processes is a distinct advantage.
- Electrical experience is highly desirable
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 3 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong technical capabilities, problem solving skills, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.