Manufacturing Technician II - Injection Moulding- Galway
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Technician II Injection Moulding for their site in Galway (Permanent; Night shift).
Manufacturing Technician II / Job Purpose
Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting Injection Moulding core polymer processes.
- Take a lead role in the troubleshooting, repair and rebuild of both hot runner and Cold runner systems.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key Injection Moulding maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on Injection Moulding equipment.
- Execution of mould changeover's and equipment setup's as part of production runs.
- Assist ME's in investigating and implementing new production methods.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Perform equipment qualifications and validations, including report writing etc.
- Interface with a variety of BSIL personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Third level qualification, ideally to Diploma level in Polymer Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Injection Moulding equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of tooling design, tooling materials & qualifications.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Medical Device industry experience a distinct advantage.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
For further information on this Manufacturing Technician role please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval