Telephone: 021 2066287 / 0860449371
Master Production Scheduler
Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Master Production Scheduler for their site.
What will I be doing
- Creation and maintenance of MPS and capacity models and reporting on schedule adherence and root cause.
- You will be a key contributor in Implementing best in class production planning techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies, cost improvement activities, development of Oracle supply chain functionality and the lead in the management of the S&OP process at a plant level.
- Develop, maintain, report and ensure effective management of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) for the Business Unit.
- Develop capacity plans to analyse the feasibility of attainment of MPS, reporting potential bottlenecks, issues and risks.
- Communicate production schedules to production and supporting departments.
- Ensuring purchasing activities required to support the MPS are communicated to the relevant people on a timely basis.
- Liaising closely with other relevant functions to ensure the planning and control process is supported by regularly maintained and accurate set of BOMs, routings and item master data.
- Make recommendations to ensure that production, inventory and customer service objectives are being met whilst identifying any production and/or material constraints & risks.
- Develop policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Production Planning area.
- Management of finished goods and Work in Progress inventory to support production strategies within agreed targets.
- Provide support to the Business Unit manager to ensure attainment of KPI's.
- Lead the weekly planning review meetings.
- Implement best in class production planning techniques & systems to drive production efficiencies.
- Supply Chain Lead for the S&OP process.
- Identify, drive & support cost reduction initiatives.
- Management & development of the planning team of 2 schedulers and 2 heijunka operators.
What do I need
- 10 years manufacturing experience in a multinational Supply Chain environment with exposure to all demand management (DM), master scheduling (MPS), capacity planning (CRP), material planning (MRP) and inventory control.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle supply chain functionality is essential.
- Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Financially and customer aware.
- Good communicator, team player, proactive and strong inter personal skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative with under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate drive and ambition and an ability to lead.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a team.
- Experience in medical device environment desirable but not essential
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval