Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Master Scheduler for their site.
A vacancy has arisen for a Master Scheduler reporting to the Materials Planning Manager.
The master scheduler is responsible for establishing, reviewing and maintaining the master production schedule in alignment with the Sales, Inventory, and Operations (SIOP) consensus plan. Establishing the master schedule will involve working closely with operations leaders, material planners, production planners, and others to coordinate manufacturing plans that achieve the company objectives relative to customer service, efficient resource/capacity utilization and inventory investment. The master scheduler will be responsible for analysing scenarios that balance demand and supply while optimizing inventory and minimizing the impact of demand volatility. For larger and more complex factors, the master scheduler is also responsible for leading the production planning organization.
- Translate the monthly SIOP consensus plan by product family to a detailed weekly master production schedule (MPS) with a 12-18 month planning horizon into the ERP for weekly MRP generation
- Incorporate inter-company demand and backlog into SIOP supply planning process to ensure capacity and resources are available to meet demand requirements.
- Monitor and drive resolution of MRP processing errors.
- Support customer service with exception request analysis and expediting resolution.
- Create and publish daily/weekly/monthly factory schedule adherence, capacity, and inventory reports.
- Serve as a factory subject matter expert (SME) for ERP production planning and scheduling modules.
- Identification and resolution of Constraints - Capacity, Resource & Material.
- Facilitates long term capacity assessment (RCCP) and development of countermeasure/action plans.
- Conducts a demonstrated lead-time analysis and measures gap to published lead times. Drives corrective action plan and reviews and updates published lead-times.
- Data analysis and reporting of key performance indicators such as: delivery performance, backlog, performance to master schedule and inventory turns.
- Drives continuous process improvement, strives to improve efficiency, likely to challenge processes where favourable alternatives may be available.
- Timely management of exception messages generated by the ERP system.
- Maintain data integrity of ERP planning parameters. Parameters such as lead times, lot sizes, safety stocks, delivery times, and order file data for all master scheduled Items
- Provide training on master production scheduling procedures and processes
- BS/BA degree in business or engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in analysing data relating to product forecasting, master scheduling, or shipment forecasting.
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), or commitment to obtain within the first 18 months of employment.
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
For further information on Master Scheduler role in Galway please contact Fiona on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.