|Role Type||Fixed Term Contract|
Material & Supplier Sourcing Specialist
Job ID: JOB-11509
Material & Supplier Sourcing Specialist
My client is a well known Galway medical Device company with sites across the world. There is a new and exciting position for you to join as a Material & Supplier Sourcing Specialist. Your key function in the role is supporting Global Sourcing function by executing sourcing events from end to end and providing analysis to Strategic Sourcing management.
- Develop and maintain supplier performance review metrics & scorecards
- Provide periodic and ad hoc spend analysis reports
- Execute sourcing events from end to end, including:
- Price negotiations, Vendor quote tracking, Supplier selection and Contract review and approval.
- Takes a strategic and long-term view of sourcing in identifying and developing innovative sources and contracts
- Supports and drives the stakeholder alignment:
- Supports Sourcing Managers in the strategic planning and project sourcing execution process:
- Set up requirements for data analysis, identify the right sources of information and sets up the channels to get the right information to the right person
- Coordinate the analytics of internal and external data and e-sourcing support
- Support development of Go-To-Market and negotiation strategies
- Provide support during the supplier screening and supplier selection process
- Performs supplier analysis, including supplier financials and capabilities using available and defined sources of information
- Leads supplier Performance development activities and Management reviews
- Performs Sourcing and Category Management activities for projects with limited complexity:
- Executes end-to-end sourcing projects for less complex categories
- Partner with suppliers and stakeholders to purchase goods and services at an optimal price concurrent with maintaining quality standards
- Defines and prepares sourcing event documentation inclusive of requirements, specifications, and inputs
- Support suppliers and the organization throughout the process by resolving inquiries and disputes
- Adhere to company policies, Sourcing, Finance, Quality, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and all Corporate policies
- Ensure compliance with the site Quality System and Approved Vendor List
- Analyze frequent spend and develop recommendations for improvement in cost and process
- Responsible for achieving annual cost savings and value contribution targets
- Negotiate favorable payment terms with suppliers, Supplier Management: Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance to the supplier.
- Obtains bids to promote a competitive environment (locates, interviews, analyzes and evaluates vendor capabilities to select suppliers, partners with these suppliers to maximize company funds.)
- Responsible for resolving supplier-related problems
- Proactively engage with Stakeholdes/Business leaders and the Global / Regional Indirect Sourcing Team to understand, create alignment and achieve their business strategies and objectives.
- Degree qualified in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or any other similar discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role; preferably in the Medical Device industry
- Engineering background would be desirable but not essential
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management experience
For further information on this role please contact Marchon Monroe on 086 044 9473/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…