Materials Control Manager
Our client a large manufacturing company located in Galway requires a Materials Control Manager for their site.
The Material Control Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing and controlling of the receiving, raw material warehouse, inventory control, and shipping departments to maximize productivity on assigned shifts and areas. Prepares schedules for shipping and receiving materials to control flow of goods and regulate warehouse space. In addition, this position is accountable for warehouse inventory accuracy and cycle counting routines to drive accurate perpetual records on the material stored in the warehouse. Also included in the responsibility is the oversight of the shipping department to ensure they follow the guidelines established by the logistics organization. This leader also is responsible for leading the materials replenishment teams, with responsibility to ensure materials are delivered to point-of-use per standard work.
- Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department while achieving site specific goals.
- Ensure timely unloading, receiving, storage and delivery of material to the production areas
- Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met.
- Maintain cycle count standard work goals with the long term objective of achieving cycle count certification
- Maintain and issue inventory reporting, including inventory accuracy, cycle count metrics and scrap processing
- Implement and enforce standard work across the functions
- Drive continuous improvement activities in all functional areas
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Manage suppliers and service providers that support receiving, warehousing and shipping functions
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
- Works with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity warehouse and shipping department.
- Motivate staff to make an effective and efficient team
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Leads material replenishment activities for the factory, ensuring that delivery of parts to production lines are done per standard work instructions.
- Works with engineering teams to design and deploy various replenishment methods in the factory (i.e. Kanban, sequencing, etc.)
Key Competencies and Success Factors
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning, procurement and distribution).
- Must know how to influence bottom line results.
- Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging lean methodologies.
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Must be proficient at conflict resolution
- Must have solid interpersonal skills?ability to motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Must be resourceful, can find solutions to unusual problems and meet customer needs
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing material flow in a plant
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree in business or engineering discipline
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), or commitment to obtain within the first 18 months of employment.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the integrated functions of manufacturing
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
- Experience operating warehouse equipment and any necessary certifications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and other inventory control/shipping software
For further information on this Materials Control Manager role in Galway please Aoife O Reilly contact on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval