Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Materials Engineer for their site, on a contract basis.
Technical role in in the Cluster Material Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development. The role will be particularly focused on development of metal forming technologies including both traditional technologies such as investment casting and exciting new areas such as additive manufacture (3D printing).
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical input and ownership for projects in the area of Materials Technology Development
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Materials Science or BEng in Engineering.
- 2-4 years' experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
- Project management experience
- PhD or MSc qualification in Material Sciences or Engineering
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
For further information on this Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval