Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Materials Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- Technical role in in the Cluster Material and Surface Technology group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of Coatings technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Coatings Development.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical input as a coatings SME
- Ownership for projects in Materials and Surface Technology with a focus on coatings processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for coatings related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Perform materials charactiersation and technical reports on materials analysis activities
- Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Coatings Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to coating processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering and 2-4 years' experience within a medical device company or similar industry or
- Ph.D. in Material Sciences or Engineering and 1 -2 year' experience within a medical device company or similar industry
- Project management experience
- Ph.D Material Sciences or similar
- Materials characterisation - advanced analytical techniques
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
- Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
For further information on this Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Bimi Felix on 0868395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval