Telephone: 087 2197421
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Materials Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities as Materials Engineer:
Innovation/Research in Materials:
- Contribute to maintain the knowledge level required in department by technical surveys, competitor’s analysis, benchmark & reverse engineering, patent analysis, newspapers, attendance to congress & conferences.
- Participate (on a case by case) to TDP on internal advanced projects or collaborative projects to provide optimized solutions to company designers.
- Participate in problem solving for projects and is involved on a case by case for technical crisis resolutions.
- PDCA support and training for factor tree analysis and root cause investigation
- On job training and coaching for local mechanical teams,
- Perform activities in compliance with Metier Development Plan of his/her PG/PL
- Review Internal requirements, Customer Requirements, Specifications
- In charge of the robust design / validation in line with the economical targets
- Support technical architecture and standards assignments
- Follow Standardization rules
- Support design reviews, internal and with suppliers
Complying with Métiers processes and Design Rules:
- Perform or support Métier design simulations/coding/validation
- Perform or support Métier design calculations including worst case/statistical and support thermal studies
- Perform or support Métiers tests
- Reports the progress of his tasks
- Escalate risks
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (mandatory) in Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant experience – 5 years +
- Knowledge of automotive development process a distinct advantage
- Highly organised
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Experience in automotive materials and mechanical assembly design
- Contributed materials expertise to several design projects from concept to serial production
- Engineering Adhesives
- Substrate preparation
- Adhesive processing and curing mechanisms
- Casting, injection moulding and stamping materials experience an advantage
- Automotive development cycle and associated milestones
- Knowledge of electronic assemblies and high volume manufacturing an advantage.
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- The position requires high exchange and communication with the product groups. Environment is international (China, France, Japan, US, Belgium, Spain, Germany) and requires to be able to document and present the work results in a very clear manner.
For further information on this Materials Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.