Our client, a medical device company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Materials Engineer for their site.
This Technical role is in the Cluster Material Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development.
- Provide technical input as a metallurgy SME
- Ownership for projects in Materials Development with a focus on metals forming processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term strategies for materials related technologies
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Perform materials characterisation and technical reports on materials analysis activities
- Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
- BSc in Materials Science or Engineering and 2-4 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry or
- Ph.D. in Material Sciences or Engineering and 1 -2 year’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry
- Project management experience
- Masters or Ph.D in Material Sciences or similar
- Materials characterisation – advanced analytical techniques
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
- Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
For further information on this Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.