Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Technical leadership in the execution of new product development projects
- Lead the introduction of end to end additive manufacturing processes
- Generate procedures to implement new manufacturing processes
- Act as SME for specific process steps
- Provide technical input to Risk assessments
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
- Perform materials charactiersation and technical reports on materials/process analysis activities
- Lead Feasibility and Cost improvement projects in the materials development group
- Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
- Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
- Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
- Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
- Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BSc in Mechanical, Biomedical or Materials Engineering or Science and 3+ years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry
- Project management experience
- Experience in additive manufacturing
- Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
- Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
- Previous experience in New Product introduction
For further information on this Materials Engineer role in Cork please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.